Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Red Rose Sweet Tea

Submitted by Dara Singleton


(Here in Iowa this brand is found in the "hot tea" section in the smaller 40 count boxes. If you live in Ohio or California you can purchase in 100 count boxes) Anyone can purchase this tea online at www.redrosetea.com

1 gallon of Purified Water
1 cup of Sugar
8 Red Rose Tea bags.

Using only purified water - Bring to a boil about 3 cups of water on the stove, remove from heat and add 8 Red Rose Tea Bags.
Allow this to steep for 5-10 minutes.
While the tea is still hot pour the hot steeped tea into a pitcher containing the sugar and stir, allowing the sugar to dissolve. Pour in the rest of your purified water - and enjoy!

Makes 1 gallon of the best sweet tea you ever put in your mouth!

2 comments:

  1. I'm down to my last ten bags of red rose (I just counted)! Looks like I'll have to go out and get some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I boiled 12 cups of water and put 10 tea bags in after I let the water come to a boil. I enjoy sweet tea should I rung out the tea bags or let drip. Depending on the strength I like my tea?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!