Monday, January 2, 2012

Chocolate Banana Cake with Mocha Buttercream

This is such an easy delicious recipe.  I am hooked on this!  Starting with a chocolate cake mix prepare as directed and add two very ripe bananas before mixing.  Bake as directed on the box. I like using a Bundt Cake pan.
For the Icing:
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup real butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1 single serving pkg instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee

Beat butter, cocoa, and vanilla then slowly add the powdered sugar and coffee alternately until all combined.
Allow cake to completely cool before icing.
This is even better the next day - warm it up in the microwave and have Cake for breakfast!  Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! And I love your idea of baking it in a bundt cake pan. I'm trying it next! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know I featured you in my latest blog post! Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!