Thursday, January 12, 2012

Leah's Power Breakfast

My girlfriend Leah is studying nutrition.  She has the best recipes ever and cooks amazing!  She called me the other day and told me to jot this recipe down and try it. This morning I did and man was it delicious!

 In a small skillet saute 1/4 cup chopped peppers in 1 tsp bacon grease for flavor or (for me this morning it was Olive Oil).  (Animal fat is actually good for your brain, so if you aren't on a special diet add it in for the health and flavor benefits).
Add in some mushrooms if you like them...
Next add in a large handful of baby spinach and toss.  Cook on medium for 2 minutes.

 Add two Eggs and bust the yolks.  I leave the yolks in because the Choline found in the yolk is good for you - it helps brain function. (If you are an egg white only diet - you will need another egg.)
Next add garlic salt and pepper.
Cook until it is cooked through and flip!
I served this up with Karina's Guacamole and grape tomatoes, but it is also good with toast and my Homemade Apple Butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!