Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spiced Pecan Strawberry Salad




This salad is so major yummy!  I could eat my weight it in I often say!  You may feel like making this up for a side or often times I just have it for lunch! 

Spiced Pecans:
1/4 cup Sugar
1 cup warm water
1 cup pecans

soak for 10 minutes

Drain and Discard Syrup

Combine:
2 T Sugar
1 T Chili Powder
1/8 t. ground red pepper

toss with nuts.
Bake 30 minutes at 350- turning very often.

Serve with Green leaf Lettuce or your choice of baby greens, thinly sliced red onions (optional), sliced strawberries, and balsamic vinaigrette.

Balsamic Vinaigrette:
1 pkg of Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
Follow Pkg instructions replacing the regular vinegar for balsamic.
Then add at least 1/4 cup of honey and vigorously shake to combine!

1 comment:

  1. I love this type of salad, but trying to be careful with any excess sugar and sodium( which is sky-high in packaged dressing powders). I use sliced almonds in mine. Bet yours tastes better though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!