Monday, November 15, 2010

Momma's lil Smokies

I was standing in line at the store today with lil smokies in my cart.   A sweet lady behind me asked me how I prepared them.  I told her how and that I would also put the recipe down here.   It is very easy and we have made them for Christmas parties this way for years. 

2 Pkgs Beef lil Smokies
1 small jar of Picante Sauce (original)
1 smal jar of Grape Jelly
It is basically equal parts of both - about 2 cups each.

Blend the Picante Sauce and Jelly together, (just give it a good stir).  Place the Lil Smokies in the Crock Pot, and pour the sauce on top.  After stirring them once more, cook these in your crockpot on high for about an hour - or so, and just load them up and re-plug in at the party!  These can be done in the smaller sized crock pots if you have one.
I have cooked them on top of the stove this way as well. Its very simple but the combo of the Picante and grape jelly is really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!