Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cresent Rolls

This recipe is the recipe that built my confidence with bread.  This is so easy, I assure you that you can do it!
My momma has been making these for years.  What is so nice with these rolls is that you mix them up and put them in the fridge to rise over night.  That helps so much with Sunday Dinner prep or Holidays!  Its one less thing that you have to do!
I hope that you try these and love them as much as we do!  I don't recall ever throwing them out - we fight over the ones that are left, and you can even reheat them in the microwave for just a few seconds the next day! Mmmmmmmm


Ok so here is what you need:

1pkg of yeast
1/4 cup warm water
3/4 cup scalded milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 eggs beaten
4 1/2 cups flour

Here is how you do it:
Dissolve yeast in the warm water, mix together your warm milk, oil, sugar, and salt.
Add dissolved yeast and eggs.
Add Flour.
Stir it up until it is all mixed together, and cover it with either a tea towel or sometimes I spray plastic wrap with some oil and cover it with that.  (I always spray a clean bowl with pam and put my mixed batter in that and then cover it.)
You let this stand over night in the refrigerator.
In the morning divide the dough into three equal parts.  Sprinkle some flour on your work space and knead lightly just 4-5 times. Roll Each section into a 8" or 9" circle.  Spread softened butter over the top.  Cut your circles like a pizza with a pizza cutter into 8 wedges. Roll these into crescent's and place on cookie sheets.  Let Rise for a while - I just do the bread first thing and then by the time lunch rolls around they have raised plenty. Bake at 325 approx 10 minutes.
Makes 24 rolls.
*to avoid doing them overnight - momma did them at 9:30 AM, rolled them out in mid afternoon around 2PM and we baked them for dinner at 7PM  - SHE DID NOT REFRIGERATE








5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try these!! Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these the other day. I forgot to do them the night before but I had the day to let them rise. They were so easy & so yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad they turned out for you Dawn! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm I have got to make these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your gas stove! It is so pretty!
    I can hunting for a corn bread recipe, but stumbled upon your crescent rolls instead. Umm, I miss you. And your food. (which makes coming to your website rewarding because I can see what your cooking up, but painful because I can't eat it!) That is all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!