Sunday, November 28, 2010

Carrot Cake

Carrot cake is my brother's favorite cake, or one of them anyway! I made this for the holiday weekend. I hope you enjoy it.
When baking this cake you can make it as cupcakes and bake it at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  Or if making it into a 13x9 you will need to bake it for much longer.  Your times will vary depending.  Always just check the center of the cake with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.

3 1/2 cups Grated Carrots
1 cup oil
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 20 oz  can of DRAINED Pineapple

Mix all together and Bake at 350 until done!


Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 stick of butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
2 Cups of Powdered Sugar

Blend this all together and frost the cake after completely cooled.







This is a very runny batter.  That is normal for this recipe.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a young girl, my grandma would make carrot cake for all of her neighbors at Christmastime. I remember helping to grate the carrots. She passed away in October and this is one of thousands of memories that I have.

    Enjoying your blog.

    Lisa Schooley

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!