Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Coconut Macaroons


 When I was a little girl my grandparents lived in Conway Arkansas.  They had a fabric store downtown on Main Street which was very close to a yummy shop called Ed's Bakery.  Among the many yummy things they served was a phenomenal Macaroon.  I have been trying to find a recipe that resembled theirs for quite some time.  I think this one that I made up taste like what I remember.  I would love to have some of my Arkansas family members make this (that remember Ed's Bakery) and tell me what they think. 
Here is what I did:



In a Food Processor I put a small bag of coconut and 1/3 cup of flour.  I did a small chop on these to just make the coconut a bit smaller.









Next I took three egg whites at room temperature and beat them until soft peaks  formed.  Then I slowly added 1 cup of sugar while still beating with my electric mixer. 

 Next I folded in the Coconut flour mixture and added a splash of Vanilla.  
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes on Parchment paper and allow to cool completely.
Eat up these are yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm.....looks yummy! I have a macaroon recipe that I love. I do a dash of almond extract in mine. Love the flavor. So, so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine. I made some for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!