Monday, April 23, 2012

The Kindle Cover

 While our friends Phil and Lanora were in visiting from New Mexico, Lanora and I decided we were going to go to a local Quilt store called the Quilt Asylum.  It is well loved in this area and has become one of my favorites.  Located in McKinney Texas, we had to drive a little ways but it was totally worth it. 

I picked up a few fat quarters of fabric and Nordie picked up a pattern by Atkinson Designs and the fabric for this Reader Wrap. The link above is a direct link to this pattern.  I have to admit that I wouldn't have taken on this challenge without her by my side.  I had never tried anything like this before but now that I have it under my belt, I feel quite good about trying out another pattern by this company.  It was a fun challenge!

I loved Nordie's choice of fabrics,  Kaffe Fasset designed these.  I love all of his books on quilts.  His fabrics are so
 vibrant and beautiful.  His books have inspired many of the projects on my "design wall" (which is better known as my craft room floor). 

While this was definitely not cheaper than just buying a Kindle Cover,  this one was hand made and fabrics were handpicked!  I am all about the handmade, love that goes into these sort of projects!  We made great memories figuring this out, and creating it together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!