Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chipotle Cilantro Lime Tri-Tip

This is a recipe that has a funny story in our family.  While pregnant with our first son I had this for the first time.  My husband had taken me to The Cafe, in Ames Iowa for a date night.  It was absolutely to-die-for delicious.  Everything I ever ate there was delicious, but this was one of those meals that I craved but couldn't afford to have EVERY OTHER NIGHT!  Joshua was determined to figure out how to make this yummy steak for me and I must say, his version is every bit as good!
Whenever we most recently made this we used the marinade on Sirloin, but it is so much better on a Tri-Tip.

Here's what you need:
3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons ground Chipotle Seasoning
1/2 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
1 Teaspoon Cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 - 1 Teaspoon of garlic minced
1 Bunch of finely chopped Cilantro

Marinate your steaks for at least 2 hours.
Grill to your preference. Serve with a pat of Cilantro Lime Butter on the top of each steak
Serve with some delicious Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and a beautiful salad  - AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for stopping by! This Hungry Momma would love to hear from you!